- The Tech-2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2011.
- We supply the GM tech 2 with unlimited technical support.
Tech2 for GM Diagnostic Scanner Works for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/Holden
Car model supported: GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/HOLDEN.
You can choose one software and language between the following:
GM-English 33.002 1991-2013 (Newest software)
GM-Germany 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Spanish 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Japanese 32.006 1991-2013
GM-French 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Thai 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Portuguese 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Korean 32.008 1991-2013
OPEL-English V165 1997-2014
OPEL-Italian 133.001 1997-2012
OPEL-Germany 85.001 1997-2008
OPEL-Spanish 91.001 1997-2009
SAAB-English 143.000 1998-2013
CAN-BUS: 2010- (CAN-BUS support car models after 2010)
K-line: 1996-2011 (K-line support car models from 1996 to 2011)
(Please select one: CAN-BUS or K-line)
HOLDEN-English 149.000 1999-2013
The Tech-2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2012.
1) Authentic GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
9) Vetronix Tech 2 Specifications
10) Dimensions: 12
11) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
12) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
13) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
14) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface;
you will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter.
Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
2. The following GM vehicles utilize the CAN interface
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
Tech-2 Flash Tester
32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications
CAN diagnostic interface module(CANdi) and instruction sheet download (199.2 kb)
RS232 cable and user`s manual
DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
SAE 16/19 Adapter
NAO 12/19 Adapter
Battery Power Cable
TIS 2000 CD
Can this product do coding?
Yes,it can do.
Tech 2 pictures:
Live Support: Chat with us online
GM Tech 2 Download
GM Tech2 FAQ:
Q1: Does GM tech2 Support Coding?
A1: Yes, it does, but you need to buy an additional TIS2000, TIS2000 support cars programming until 2007 year.
Q2: Can TECH2 support key coding and electronic control unit programming for all OPEL and Isuzu?
A2: GM tech2 can't support key programming; as for electronic control unit programming, you need to additionally buy a GM TECH2 and a TIS2000, but TIS2000 only support GM and Opel, not support Isuzu.
Q3: GM TECH2 support airbag reset? If not, please recommend me another one tool, my car is Chevrolet Tahoe 2007 year.
A3: Yes, GM TECH2 support airbag reset for Chevrolet Tahoe 2007 year.
Q4: Does GM TECH2 support reading Car VIN number? How to read?
A4: Yes, it does. After selecting the car model, enter function menu, and you will find the VIN number reading option.
Q5: I'm interested in the GM Tech2 Diagnostic Tool and I would like to know which diagnostic functions that tool has for a Hummer H3. I have problems with the windshield wipers, the tire pressure control system and the cruise control. Is that tool able to read the trouble codes and to read some parameters regarding those controllers?
A5: GM TECH2 contains Hummer H2 H3 software (from 2007 to 2010 year), so Tech2 is able to diagnose Hummer H3 2007-2010 year. As for reading parameters regarding those controllers, it is theoretically compatible, advice you have a try.
Q6: Can GM Tech2 send commands to the various modules and is it able to do diagnostics on a climate control programmer? To what year is the scanner effective? I own a 1997 Cadillac DeVille and a 2001 Chevrolet Venture.
A6: Yes, you can use GM TECH2 to diagnose climate control programmer, when it has communication GM Tech2 can send commands to the modules.
About Compatible Vehicle Models and Years
Q1: GM TECH2 contains Saturn software?
A1: yes, Saturn software is included in the GM software English and support from 1991 to 2010 year.
Q2: Is GM TECH2 available on my Cadillac year 1996?
A2: Yes, GM TECH2 works with Cadillac.
Q3: Does GM Tech 2 work with Australian Holden 1998?
A3: GM tech2 is only compatible with North American Holden, and our software for Holden only work with Holden from 1999-2012.
Q4: Can GM Tech2 work diagnose 2005 GMC - Sierra 1500 truck?
A4: Want to use our GM tech2 to diagnose truck, you need to buy an additional truck adapter, because our GM tech is compatible with truck, but only packed with the car adapter.
About After-Sales Questions and Answers
Q1: I bought one GM TECH2 and the TIS2000 software can’t be installed and no identification, what's the problem?
A1: If the TIS2000 you are trying to install is contained in the GM TECH2 software, then it is useless to install TIS2000 software. To program electronic control unit, I advice you buy an extra TIS2000 to work with GM tech2.
Q2: After receiving GM TECH2, I got some errors.
A2: If it is Blue screen, just replace the Blue Screen Chip. If it is not the problem of Blue screen, please send us the self-test report to check where the problem is; have no idea on how to operate self test? Refer the self-test manual at GM TECH2 “technical support / service”.
Q3: GM TECH2 one button doesn’t work how to fix?
A3: If you have new version GM tech2, there are two ways to solve:
1) we send you a new button to replace;
2) please send back to repair. If you have old version GM tech2 installed with the newest software, the button maybe won’t work.
Q4: When I use GM TECH2 for the second times, the tool starts to smoke, and my car voltage become 14V from 12V, what’s the matter?
A4: Please follow the correct operation steps: before diagnosing, turn on the ignition and then connect the GM TECH2 with the car, when the car starts you’d better test the voltage, because during this process a part of cars’ voltage will reach up to 24V or more, especially the car which has a poor contact of electrical ground.